Ask Suzi: Business Tips + Tricks
I am a small business owner that has eight employees and multiple independent contractors. Most of our clients are college students, so with the school year starting, I want to try and simplify some of our processes for our staff and clients. Which apps do you recommend? – A.M. Livingston, MT
Dear A.M. –
Depending on your business type, there are a few apps that have been helpful to other local businesses and non-profits, here are a few of my favorites:
1. Canva.com (Freemium + Premium versions available)
- Simplified graphic-design tool using templates for making posts for social media (Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest) or presentations, logos, posters + more.
- Uses an easy drag-and-drop format and provides access to photos, graphics, and fonts.
- Great for those that are non-designers.
2. Schedulicity (starting at $5/month)
- #shoplocal – this business is based in Bozeman!
- Perfect for service or class-based businesses
- Everything is automated: appointment/class scheduling, payments, email marketing, client text reminders, client management, business reports, personal client scheduling pages, Client check-ins and more!
3. Hootsuite (starting at $29/month)
- Manage and schedule posts to multiple social media profiles on Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter and more, all from one app
- See results and reply to all of your comments from one dashboard.
- Plan and schedule posts ahead of time.
4. Asana (freemium + premium versions available)
- This is a web and mobile app designed to help teams organize, track, and manage their work.