Montana Women’s Business Center Impact Grant
The Montana Women’s Business Center raised $20,000 at the 2018 Prosperity Party fundraiser. These funds will be used to help Montana’s women business owners take their business to the next level. Grant funding can be used for anything that will enhance economic independence for women, create jobs, or take your business to the next level of success
We are most interested in projects that directly improve the ability for women business owners to become more economically successful. Grant applicants should share a brief compelling story for how they will use or leverage grant funds to grow or strengthen their business and how it will impact their local community.
- Grant application deadline is March 29, 2019 at 5PM.
- Winners will be announced by April 15, 2019
- Successful candidates must use the grant funds by August 15, 2019.
This is a reimbursement grant, winners will be reimbursed within 30 business days of submitting receipts. You must supply copies of the receipts and an invoice for this one-time reimbursement. If you are applying for funds to hire a new employee, you will have to submit a payroll report for the one time reimbursement.
- This opportunity is only available for women owned businesses in Montana with ownership of 51% or more.
- Applicants do not need to be a Prospera member.
- Applicants can apply for up to $10,000 to be used for equipment, marketing, signage, staffing, trailers, leasehold improvements, anything that will take your business to the next level – please only apply for exactly how much you need.
- If grant funds will leverage other fund sources, the applicant must show proof that those funds are confirmed. If you are applying for funds to hire a new employee, please show proof that your business has the cash flow to support this new position beyond the grant period.
- Please include bids and estimates to support your grant request. If you are applying for funds to hire a new employee, please submit a copy of the job description with salary information.
- Grant applicants must be registered with the MT Secretary of State, and be a revenue generating business for at least 12 months.
- Must be able to show how this money will be leveraged to take your business to the next level or create jobs.
Grant Awardees: must supply the following by August 15:
- 200 word paragraph about how the grant has changed their business.
- Five photos of the business using the grant money.
- Must be willing to be interviewed for our MT WBC Impact video which will be shown at the next Prosperity Party fundraiser on September 12th with a customary photo release to share your story.