2021 Montana Women's Business Center Impact Grant
2021 Grant Applications are CLOSED.
Sign up for our newsletter or follow us on Facebook & Instagram for updates on finalists.
Competition Details and Dates
Grant application deadline was Friday, February 26, 2021 at NOON (MST).
NO EXCEPTIONS ON LATE OR INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS.
- Finalists will be notified by March 15, 2021.
- Finalists in each of the three categories will compete in a live virtual Pitch Presentation on March 30th
- Grant recipients must use the grant funds by September 1, 2021 and must supply receipts, final report, and photos for payment.
March 30th Pitch Presentation (4:30-6:30pm MST):
- Each finalist pitch will include a 5 minute presentation (you can have a power point/AV presentation or products) and a 5 minute Q + A from the judges.
- The judges and the audience will vote to determine the winner.
- There will be three finalists in each category: up to $2,500; $5,000; $7,500.
- Register for the showcase HERE.
Grant Awardees: must supply the following by September 1, 2021:
- 200 word or less paragraph about how the grant has helped your business.
- Five photos of the business using the grant money.
- Must be willing to post on social media three times with a photo tagging #PoweredbyProspera and the #MTWomensBusinessCenter.
- Must be willing to be interviewed for our MT WBC Impact video which will be shown at the next Prosperity Party fundraiser with a customary photo release to share your story.
Grant Competition Announcement December 2020
The Montana Women’s Business Center is pleased to announce $15,000 of the funds raised at the 2020 Prosperity Party fundraiser will go directly to helping Montana’s women business owners. Grant funding can be used for anything that will enhance economic independence for women, job creation, or take the business to the next level of success.
We are most interested in projects that directly improve the ability for women business owners to become more economically successful. Grant applicants should share a brief compelling story for how they will use or leverage grant funds to grow or strengthen their business and how it will impact their local community.
Applicants will apply for one of three categories to fund ONE project. The categories are up to $2,500, up to $5,000, and up to $7,500.
This is a reimbursement grant, the winners in each category will be reimbursed within 30 business days of submitting receipts.
- This is a statewide opportunity for Montana women-owned businesses only; with ownership of 51% or more.
- Grant applicants must be registered with the MT Secretary of State, and be a revenue generating business for at least 12 months.
- This opportunity it open to for-profits only.
- Applicants do not need to be a Prospera member.
- Applicants can apply for up to $2,500; $5,000; and $7,500 to be used for equipment, marketing, signage, staffing, trailers, leasehold improvements, anything that will take your business to the next level – please only apply for exactly how much you need.
- Please do not submit a grant for trainings -- the Department of Labor has an excellent grant called the Incumbent Worker Training Grant that can help you: http://wsd.dli.mt.gov/employers/incumbent-worker-training-program
- If grant funds will leverage other fund sources, the applicant must show proof that those funds are confirmed. If you are applying for funds to hire a new employee, please show proof that your business has the cash flow to support this new position beyond the grant period as well as a job description with wage information.
- Gather these items prior to applying, you will need to upload the following documents:
- 2020 Profit + Loss Statements (PDF)
- 2020 Balance Sheet (PDF)
- 2019 Profit + Loss Statements (PDF)
- 2019 Balance Sheet (PDF)
- Your Logo (jpeg, png, of PDF)
- Photo of the business owner(s) (jpeg, png, of PDF)
- Additional photos (jpeg, png, of PDF)
- Please do not upload portfolios
Finalists from each grant award category will participate in a virtual pitch competition March 30 4:30-6:30 pm. Judges will make final decisions and grant awards will be announced at the event.
Questions? Contact Lexi Preszler: Lpreszler@prosperamt.org