2020 Montana Women’s Business Center Impact Grant
March 19, 2020 update
We will be notifying all applicants by March 26th. Thank you for your patience while we assist those in need with the COVID-19 situation.
The WBC Impact Grant Presentation has been rescheduled to June 2nd instead of April 22nd to ensure the safety and health of all participants.
The Montana Women’s Business Center is pleased to announce $17,500 of the funds raised at the 2019 Prosperity Party fundraiser will go directly to helping Montana’s women business owners. Grant funding can be used for anything that will enhance economic independence for women, job creation, or take the business to the next level of success.
We are most interested in projects that directly improve the ability for women business owners to become more economically successful. Grant applicants should share a brief compelling story for how they will use or leverage grant funds to grow or strengthen their business and how it will impact their local community.
Applicants will apply for one of three categories to fund ONE project. The categories are up to $2,500, up to $5,000, and up to $10,000.
This is a reimbursement grant, the winners in each category will be reimbursed within 30 business days of submitting receipts.
- This is a statewide opportunity for Montana women-owned businesses only; with ownership of 51% or more.
- Grant applicants must be registered with the MT Secretary of State, and be a revenue generating business for at least 12 months.
- This opportunity it open to for-profits only.
- Applicants do not need to be a Prospera member.
- Applicants can apply for up to $2,500; $5,000; and $10,000 to be used for equipment, marketing, signage, staffing, trailers, leasehold improvements, anything that will take your business to the next level – please only apply for exactly how much you need.
- Please do not submit a grant for trainings -- the Department of Labor has an excellent grant called the Incumbent Worker Training Grant that can help you: http://wsd.dli.mt.gov/employers/incumbent-worker-training-program
- If grant funds will leverage other fund sources, the applicant must show proof that those funds are confirmed. If you are applying for funds to hire a new employee, please show proof that your business has the cash flow to support this new position beyond the grant period as well as a job description with wage information.
- Gather these items prior to applying, you will need to upload the following documents:
- 2019 Profit + Loss Statements (PDF)
- 2019 Balance Sheet (PDF)
- 2018 Profit + Loss Statements (PDF)
- 2018 Balance Sheet (PDF)
- Your Logo (jpeg, png, of PDF)
- Photo of the business owner(s) (jpeg, png, of PDF)
- Additional photos (jpeg, png, of PDF)
- Please do not upload portfolios
- Grant Opens January 31, 2020
- Grant application deadline is Friday, February 28th at NOON. (we recommend submitting 48 hours PRIOR to the deadline on February 26 to ensure your application has been submitted correctly). NO EXCEPTIONS ON LATE OR INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS.
- Finalists will be notified by March 18, 2020.
- Finalists in each of the three categories will compete on Wednesday, April 22nd in Bozeman at a finalist showcase from and a presentation.
- Successful candidates must use the grant funds by September 1, 2020 and must supply receipts, final report, and photos for payment.
April 22nd Showcase (4-6pm):
- Prior to the Pitch Competition the nine finalists (three from each category) will have a booth to showcase their company or product and answer questions from the attendees.
- We will provide a table and a linen, but you can bring your own booth if you would like.
- Hotel lodging for the night of the presentation will be covered (1 room per out of town finalist). Finalists will not be reimbursed for travel expenses.
April 22nd Pitch Presentation (6-8pm):
- The Pitch competition will include a 5 minute presentation (you can have a power point/AV presentation or products) and a 5 minute Q + A from the judges.
- The judges and the audience will vote to determine the winner.
- There will be three finalists in each category: up to $2,500; $5,000; $10,000.
Grant Awardees: must supply the following by September 1, 2020:
- 200 word or less paragraph about how the grant has helped your business.
- Five photos of the business using the grant money.
- Must be willing to post on social media three times with a photo tagging #PoweredbyProspera and the #MTWomensBusinessCenter.
- Must be willing to be interviewed for our MT WBC Impact video which will be shown at the next Prosperity Party fundraiser with a customary photo release to share your story.
To apply for a grant up to $2,500 apply here.
To apply for a grant up to $5,000 apply here.
To apply for a grant up to $10,000 apply here.
Please submit only ONE application - choose one category only.
Questions: Please email Suzi Berget White SWhite@prosperamt.org or Lexi Preszler LPreszler@prosperamt.org
- Please do not call the office asking if your application has been received.
- You will receive an email within a few minutes from Google if you have submitted your application correctly. If you have not received this email, please resubmit.