Propose a Women-Owned Business Tour or Networking in Nature Hike
We are now accepting proposals for 2020
Tours are available thanks to a generous sponsorship from American Bank!
They are a great way to support women business owners in our community and connect people with our mission of helping women grow their businesses and connections.
What you need to know:
- New format -- we are featuring just one business per tour and offering facilitated networking and a member circle afterwards to discuss topics including marketing, employee retention, hiring, and what is working for you in your business.
- What is a member circle? It's a small group similar to a peer support group! We will take one topic and have the business owner talk about what has worked for them and then the members will talk about what has worked for them so we all can learn from eachother!
- You must be a Prospera member at the time of application and in good standing to be featured or host a tour
- Business tours are one hour in length / Hikes are 1.5 hours in length
- We feature one women-owned business at each tour or hike.
- For the hikes, we try to feature women who do not have a storefront or physical location
- Hikes are scheduled for May-Sept. months
- The business must be women owned (51% or more).
- These tours are geared towards featuring for profit businesses only.
- The business owner talks about why they started their business, how they financed it, how they market it, their successes and failures
Typical TOUR Agenda (20-60 people)
Typical tour (example 12PM): Meet at Women Owned Business
- Group introductions, facilitated networking, light snacks and refreshments and shopping if applicable - coupons are great!
12:25: The business owner talks for 10-15 minutes with facilitated questions
12:45: Non-members depart and Prospera members stay for the Member Circle to discuss key topics with the business owner and one Womens Business Center Advisory Board member to lead a discussion about what is working in their businesses.
Typical HIKE Agenda (15-25 people) - at the M, Drinking Horse, Peet's Hill, or Triple Tree, May-Sept. months
Example 9AM: Meet at Trailhead
· Business owner talks at the top of the hike (see talking points above) at the trailhead.